Depreciation is a very common term that we use in business and offices and still there are some nonfinancial people out there who don’t know the exact meaning of it. If we define depreciation in simple words, it’s the decrease in cost of an item, product, machinery or any other business asset because of its usage or unfavorable market conditions. When we buy a something like a vehicle or a building, we can’t sell it on the price on which we bought it. With the passage of time, as we use it, the resale value of that vehicle or building decreases and it decreases much faster if the market has introduced something better than that in a lower price. It’s a common sense that when we use something, it reduces its original price with every passing day but there are something things that don’t behave in this manner. For example patents and copyrights are the assets of a business that increase their value with every passing day and we can sell them on a much higher price.
Depreciation calculator is a process which enables us to find out the reducing price of an asset with the passage of time. This way before we actually buy that product, we can estimate its resale value after a certain amount of time like six months or one year. If we know the effective age of that equipment and its depreciation price, it’s not difficult to reserve some annual funds to buy the same product again once the existing one is expired. This calculator provides us ease when we want to buy a vehicle or commercial building and we don’t know whether it will be possible to sale it after a few years or it will expire by that time. Businesses work in a much professional way and they don’t buy a thing without estimating about the future and the upcoming situations and this calculator comes handy in that circumstances.
The main advantage of using a depreciation calculator is that it enables a company to estimate the exact price of used machinery after a few years and it helps to compare if it’s the right product for the company according to its price, quality and productivity. It provides information about the output of that machine and its price after a certain amount of time so that the company can compare if the productivity is higher or the machine is expensive. All the finances of a company depends upon this calculator as it won’t be a good situation if the finance department estimated a wrong depreciation percentage and now the company can’t sell the used machinery as it assumed a few years ago. By using this calculator, the company can estimate the actual price of its assets anytime during running year. This helps to get the real value of a business by knowing the present value of its assets. This calculator comes in handy when you want to know the depreciation price of equipment and its effective working years so that you can save some annual funds for the purchase of a new product when this one expires. This calculator also helps a lot when a business has to pay tax on its present value and the condition of its assets.
Here is preview of this Depreciation Calculator Template,
Usage of depreciation calculators in our daily life:
- When you are about to buy an equipment or machinery, you should estimate it’s depreciation price and its production value so that you know if this machine is going to give you profit or loss over a certain period of time.
- By using this calculator we easily find the resale value of a machine after a certain amount of time.
- This calculator helps one to estimate the actual value of his business at the present time. This comes quite handy when you are selling your business or merging it into some other firm.
- This calculator helps a business to allocate the annual budget for the purchase of a machine after a few years when the existing unit is going to expire because of usage or duration. This way the business saves some extra finances for the purchase of a new product and at that time, it won’t have to struggle to get finances.
- Once government sends you a payable tax notice, you have to estimate the real present value of your business and its assets so you don’t pay extra money in form of tax.
- Depreciation is an expense and this calculator helps us to estimate that expense before time.
Here is download link of this Depreciation Calculator Template,