Body mass index is a number obtained from a person’s weight and height to check if he has perfect body or overweight or underweight. BMI is a common used process to locate the extra fats in one’s body and to categories persons into weight categories to save them from diseases caused of overweight. BMI is an easy and general way to find out if you have fats in your body or if you need a diet plan to lose your extra weight. We obtain BMI by knowing our actual weight and height into a simple formula and the then we compare the result with a chart to see what category we fall into i.e. underweight, normal weight, overweight or obesity. BMI calculator is a standard process by which we find out the fat ratio in our body. In simple words, the BMI calculator tells us if we have a healthy body or we need to lose some weight. This calculator is equally effective for both men and women and teenagers to adults. This is the easiest way to find out about your body’s situation to prevent any diseases caused by overweight like heart problem, diabetes or various types of cancers.
This calculator is the most common way to find out the truths about your body without a professional instructor or gym professional. As the result comes in percentage, you can also compare it with one of your friends to see who is healthier. This calculator has became a part of a life for so many people as it’s free of cost and very easy to use and understand. You just need to put your weight and height into the calculator and then compare the results to a chart given bellow to see in which category you fall.
- Underweight: BMI is less than 18.5
- Normal weight: BMI is 18.5 to 24.9
- Overweight: BMI is 25.0 to 29.9
- Obesity: BMI is 30 or more than 30
The main advantage of a BMI calculator is that it doesn’t need you to attend special classes or do a short course before you can read or operate the calculator. The result is so clear and uncomplicated that even a 12 year old can operate and tell the results. You just have to enter two values into the calculator and then compare the result with a chart to see your actual body type. The world has accepted this technique and now people are using it regularly in their lives because it’s equally effective for men, women and even, children. With the help of this calculator you can track the extra pounds you have to loose and also you can control your diet by eating less calorie foods.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator created using MS Excel,
Uses of body mass calculator in our daily lives:
- Individuals use this calculator to locate the extra pounds in their bodies so that they have the exact idea about how much weight they need to lose.
- Fat persons or those who think they are fat, use this calculator to see if they are really over weight or it’s just an assumption.
- Doctors use this calculator in hospitals to prepare accurate calorie meals for the admitted patients.
- Nutritionists, who are professional to plan a diet for an individual, use this calculator to create a diet plan for their customers.
- Nursery schools use this calculator for the children to see if they are taking a proper meal or getting fat by the extra fats or calories.
Here is download link for above mentioned Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator,