Home inventory sheet is an important document as it will help you to identify and report all items that are destroyed by fire or burglarized. In the absence of home inventory sheet you will not be able to replace these items. It will help you to file insurance claim against each destroyed product of your house. Insurance companies often advice their customers to design a home inventory sheet to cover your home in case of fire or invasion. Home inventory is a long list that contains details of valuables in each room of your house and amount of these valuables. It will prove helpful at the time of insurance claim and will strengthen your case. You can get benefits of tax-deductible items also with the use of home inventory sheet.
Home Inventory Sheet
Home inventory sheet is an important document therefore it is important to design it on first priority before creating any problem. Here is a preview of a Freely Available Home Inventory Sheet Template created using MS Excel,
You have to consider following points while designing home inventory sheet:
Start your work with the living room because it is the place where more previous items are available. It is also known as family room so start with this room and simply cover all types of items like couches, chairs, bookshelves, wall shelving, books, television, stereo equipment, additional games, rugs and DVD films. Do not forget to write the amount of each item, with purchase price and purchase year.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Laundry
Bathroom, kitchen and laundry usually contain different electrical appliances so do not forget to cover this place. Bathroom contains washing machines, drying machines, linens etc. Write all of them in a separate section you have designed with the name of bathroom. Kitchen section contains appliances, books, dishes, dryers, linens, ironing board, dishwasher, pans, pots, stove, glassware, freezer, crystal utensils etc. It is your responsibility to write details of all items with their purchase price and date of purchase.
Office contains books, bookcases, files, cabinets, chairs, couches, fireplaces, lamps, computers, printers and different other office equipments. You have to write name of everything with actual purchase price and date of purchase.
Bedroom include lots of things like furniture, rugs, lamps, tables and different smaller things like jewelry, watches and different other valuables. You can include everything in the home inventory list but design separate section for each category and write actual value of item with date of purchase.
Dining room is an important part of the house so does not forget to include dining room set in the home inventory checklist. Include all types of dining table set like crystal dining sets, silverware, wall shelving and table linens. Include quantity of each item, year of purchase and cost per piece.
Garage, Attic or Basement
You cannot ignore garage, attic or basement while preparing home inventory sheet because almost every house has them to store important equipment. Include your car, its model, year of purchase and purchase price in the list. It is time to write detail of all equipment you have stored in your garage. Lawn furniture, garden equipment, tools and other storage tools will be included in the home inventory sheet.
Here is download link for this Home Inventory Sheet Template,
Download Home Inventory Sheet Template
Related Excel Templates
- Help Desk Flow Data Sheet Template Help desk flow data sheet proves really useful in the designing and documentation of complex processes and programs. It makes your work easy by visualizing everything and increasing your understanding level. Data flow diagram is most important part of the organization to keep everything in organized manger. This is a better way to perform all important tasks as you can easily control […]
- Cleaning Sheet Template A cleaning sign off sheet is frequently prepared in large organizations like hospitals or big factories where large equipments are installed and it’s necessary to clean those machines on regular basis. It’s also applicable when it comes to offices which have more than one department and it’s very important to clean each floor with maximum supervision. The actual aim of a cleaning sign […]
- Wedding Planning Worksheet Template Planning for your wedding can sometimes be a very tiresome and mind boggling event. You can always easily lose track of the entire budget that you’re spending when planning for a wedding event. Because that is the time when you’re cash is flowing out and you have to keep track of every single detail. It is not very easy to remember everything without properly writing it down somewhere. […]
- Job Sheet Template Job sheet is an important part of any successful business therefore it is necessary to create. It is also known as job cost sheet and categorized as an accounting document because it will help you to calculate the costs of a particular project and orders. Job sheet will help you to have an estimate of your customers and upcoming expenses therefore you can also consider as a scorecard. […]
- Monthly Time Sheet Template Time sheet is an important document that is used for the recording of work done by particular employee with actual completion time for the job. Time sheet includes days of working weeks, working hours, beginning and ending of lunch time and total time taken by employee for break. Time sheet is usually calculated at the end of the pay period. It is a common task that has been done by […]
- Cost of Goods Sold Sheet Template Cost of goods sold is amount paid by Merchandising Corporation for the merchandise sold during an agreed period of time. It is prepared on monthly basis on the completion of accounting cycle to calculate cost of goods sold and gross profit of the company. This is the price at which the goods were purchased and direct cost associated by bringing them to the sales room and completing the […]
- Banquet Hall Reservation Sheet Template A banquet hall proprietor and event organizer should be on exactly the same web page when preparing an event. To guarantee the event is effective and problem-free, there are a couple of essential particulars that you should know and supply to reserve a location. Excel spreadsheets are PC paperwork that show an area of columns as well as rows so you can certainly show info such as a […]
- Biweekly Mortgage Sheet Template If you are smart enough to organize your mortgage payment through strategies, you are able to save hundreds of dollars on your morgages. The best option for paying a mortgage is a bi-weekly plan which would be convenient for you and the prospective receiver. This will also helps the home owner in reducing the amount of loan balance and proportionally the interest given on the amount is […]
- Business Closing Sheet Template The companies around the world are rethinking the way they progress, and for some businesses it is better to discontinue if the things are not going well or another business demand’s more attention. Another reason for this discontinuation is that the business could be sold on a good profit margin. In such cases selling your business is the best strategy. Look for a buyer that can give […]
- Buy vs Rent House Comparison Template Usually people try to buy a house instead of renting one and they say it’s a lot less complicated if you do the same. But that’s not the same for every place in the world. Every city has its own housing prices and that means you can’t always buy a house wherever you move. Big cities like Chicago, Tokyo and London have very expensive rates when it comes to buy a house and it’s just easy […]