A financial statement is a business document that is prepared by the accountants and it indicates the key assets which the business owner owes. It is an important document that is created by a firm indicating the complete financial status of the organization transparently without any ambiguity. It is important because all the key investors which are interested to have shares or partnership with the organization or the company would like to know about the financial status of the company with whom they are putting in their money. This financial statement gives them a clear future picture for their investment.
The financial statements are not that much simple because they present the whole record and growth factors of the company in one shot so the understanding of the financial statement and its interpretation is little bit complex. The financial statements contain major elements and to understand the financial statements those key elements and their relationship with respect to the company should be clearly understood.
Here is preview of a Financial Statement Template created using MS Excel 2013,
The key elements that are included in the financial statement are detailed as;
These terms related the amount of the money that is annually spent by that organization on it various expenditures. This is the money which goes out of the company in the form of its employee’s salaries, purchase of services, products and other in house managerial expenses. All these are summed up over here as the expense money.
This is the income that comes into that organization as a result of its annual business deals and activities. This may also be regarded as the annual sale income of a company if it is an import export related firm.
The annual profits that are made by that firm are given by calculating the difference between the expense and the revenues. This is going to give the status of the profits or the loss of the company at the present stage. It is important to note that the status of all the expenses, revenues and profits should be given by mentioning the due date till which the record has been updated because if the information given in the statement is not updated then it is useless for the investor.
It is the amount which belongs to the owner of that business. This actually tells that how much financially that business holder is strong enough to bear up some losses if encountered in the business.
- The assets owned by the firm:
This relates all the information about the present assets and their status which are owned by the firm. This is going to help the investor to key evaluate the investment possibilities and their outcomes. These assets may be in terms of any sort of property which is under the business use and any sort of inventory present in the stock.
It is defined as the sources which the company owes to other organizations like in the form of some debts, loans or some shares.
Here is download link for above mentioned Financial Statement Template,
Related Excel Templates
- Income Statement Template An Income Statement also known as statement of loss and expense is one of the major financial statements necessary to prepare for business organizations. This statement encompasses revenue, expenses and net results derived at the end of a given period like at the end of month or fiscal quarter. It will help you to take important decisions for the benefits of organization. It serves as […]
- Profit and Loss Statement Template Almost everyone has to file their private earnings and expenditures. Companies must do the same. This is known as your profit and loss statement. Once this is carried out properly, all funds that broke down and got into the business needs to be obvious. Here’s learning to make an income and deprivation report.
Your profit and loss statement demonstrates your company exactly how much […]
- Financial Comparison Template Business organizations have to deal with different clients and investors in order to arrange finances for their company. It is not easy to persuade a potential investor to invest in your business because they want proper evaluation of the financial status of the organization. Accurate and honest communication to the strengths and weaknesses of the company is an easy way to convince […]
- Net Worth Statement Template Knowing about your current financial worth is primary step towards financial planning process. Net worth statement is considered crucial in process of financial planning. Net worth statement is an accounting of all assets minus all of company’s liabilities. Financial statement is very advantageous tool that helps you determine your current financial state. It also helps you tracking in […]
- Sales Forecast Report Template Before going to discuss the guidelines for establishing product sales goals, it is important to discuss a little about the term sales. Sales are an ameliorated part of any business whether your business is services based or products based however as compared to services, sales is often used in products related business. Selling is a process in which through proper marketing and […]
- Mortgage Refinancing Statement When you should consider mortgage refinancing? This is such a question that should be very clear to you to take right decision about mortgage financing. What do you think about mortgage refinancing? There might be a time when you will have mortgage refinancing opportunity. It is suitable when interest rates are lowered. It means that you will have to pay less on your monthly mortgage […]
- Invoice Template with Freight The world has become a global village due to rapid communication that has a positive effect on business also. This also includes the transportation of materials all over the world. This transportation needs to be charged on solid grounds. In this regard freight invoices are issued to record money transactions related to movement of products of service providers. Initially freight […]
- Price List Template Preparing the price list is one of the important tasks in creating demand of your product in the market as well as among masses. It is the most critical point in every business. The retailer has to keep the price list precise and comparative to make it attractive for the customers. It looked as simple phenomena but need a deep insight while making price list. Everyone is searching for […]
- Free Invoice Template It’s a clear fact that an invoice played a significant role in any kind of dealing. When a dealer wants to get his money from the client he has to make an effective invoice to get what he deserves. If the present vague invoice with holdings only a single amount at the end without any detail of the all items, it will surely aggravate your client. It should be understandable, […]
- General Ledger Template If you have an account in any bank, you may be familiar with the term “ledger”. But if you are not familiar with this term, by reading this article you will be able to get enough knowledge about this term. What is a ledger and how it can be used are such questions that will be answered in remaining section of this article. So let’s start from what is a ledger?
Ledger is a principle […]