Those of you, who bought a house or a vehicle on a mortgage or loan, know this term “Extra payment” very well and those who don’t know what the heck is an extra payment, here’s some explanation. When you get a mortgage, you agree to pay it back to the bank or loan firm in installments monthly or annually. With an additional amount in form of interest rate, you pay off the principal amount in several years but there is a way you can make this process short or quick. Every year if you arrange some money and pay an extra installment to the bank, it will decrease the installments and the time span and save you a lot of money because with fewer installments, you will save the additional amount of interest rate. It’s a fact that we have to give all the money back to bank that we borrowed but if you pay some extra payments, you will be mortgage free a few years sooner. This extra payment is not due on you and even if you don’t pay the extra installment on time, the bank won’t ask you or demand the money from you because by these extra payments, you are giving him more than he asked for.
The extra payment calculator is used when you want to see calculate the extra payments you want to make every year and the affects of these extra payments on the time span and principal amount. We also use this calculator to check the interest saved on a loan or mortgage due to extra payments. This calculator also shows the reduction in the total number of payments. If you are paying extra payments but you don’t know if you can afford a little bit more or these extra payments won’t even affect the principal amount, there is no mean to do that at all. This is the point where an extra payment calculator comes handy and you see a real picture of figures and amounts.
Many websites offer this calculator free of cost and you just have to enter some amounts and within a few seconds you get the results in front of your eyes. This calculator has number of benefits and advantages over a manual work. While using this calculator, you don’t need to do any calculations by hand or deal with complicated equations but you just need to know your principal amount, rate of interest, number of installments and the extra earning you are getting from business. For example if you pay $1000 installment every month and you have decided to make an extra payment of $2000 every year and the total number of installments will pay off after 120 installments, this calculator shows you that by giving $2000 extra each year, you can decrease the installments down to 100 and that means you also saved the interest rate on these 20 installments.
Here is preview of this Extra Payment Calculator Template,
Uses of an extra payment calculator in our daily lives:
- The most important and frequent use of this calculator is to find out just the right amount of your extra payments. Individuals and businesses use this calculator to calculate the amount of extra installment they can pay every year.
- This extra amount is not due on the borrower so only this person gets all the benefits of this process and the bank or the loan company just get their money a few months early.
- Banks and loan firms use this calculator to see the reduction in the installment months of a customer’s debt.
- Individuals use this calculator to check if it’s better to make the extra payments or should they save the money and after a few years, give in one installment.
Here is download link of this Extra Payment Calculator Template,
Download Extra Payment Calculator Template
Related Excel Templates
- Amortization Schedule Calculator Template Amortization is a process of paying a debt from loan or mortgage over a pre-defined period of time into smaller installments. The amount you get from a loan or house mortgage has to be paid back with additional amount of interest on the loan. People don’t have enough money to buy a house or a vehicle all the time so they get financial help from a bank or Loan company who gives them the […]
- Compound Interest Calculator Template It’s not an easy job to earn money but this is also a fact that money grows more money. For example if you put your money in a bank, it increases with the passage of time as the bank pays you fees for using your money and that fees is called interest. When you get a loan from a bank or a mortgage firm, you have to pay more than the principal amount as the fees to use the loan money. […]
- Mortgage Comparison Template Mortgage means getting a loan to buy some kind of property which usually comes with predefined payment periods and interest rates. Not every person in the world has resources to buy a house or office whenever he wants either because of his low salary or disability of arranging the down payment. In that case he contacts to a bank to get some money as loan and promises to return the full […]
- Mortgage Refinancing Statement When you should consider mortgage refinancing? This is such a question that should be very clear to you to take right decision about mortgage financing. What do you think about mortgage refinancing? There might be a time when you will have mortgage refinancing opportunity. It is suitable when interest rates are lowered. It means that you will have to pay less on your monthly mortgage […]
- House Affordability Calculator Template If I am allowed to talk about myself, I would like to share my biggest wish in life which is, to build a house of my own. Nobody wants to or likes to live in a rented house but its not possible for most of us to have our own house before you hit forty. What if you are saving money for 20 years to buy a house for you and your family and when you buy a house, you find out that you can’t […]
- Mortgage Payment Calculator Mortgage is a term referring to a type of loan, offered by banks and other financial institutions to help tackle your financial requirements regarding the construction or acquiring of a home. In such loan, the property itself is the guarantee and the institution has all rights reserved to take over in case you fail to pay back the loan.
Mortgage handling is not an easy job for a […]
- Monthly Vs. Annual Savings Calculator Monthly savings account is a simple way to make regular monthly deposits which you have saved from your monthly earnings. This is an important step that you should take as soon as you start your professional career. There is no guarantee about your employment period or your health and what will happen to you and your family if you lose your job or meet an accident and paralyze. The […]
- Biweekly Mortgage Sheet Template If you are smart enough to organize your mortgage payment through strategies, you are able to save hundreds of dollars on your morgages. The best option for paying a mortgage is a bi-weekly plan which would be convenient for you and the prospective receiver. This will also helps the home owner in reducing the amount of loan balance and proportionally the interest given on the amount is […]
- Depreciation Calculatore Template Depreciation is a very common term that we use in business and offices and still there are some nonfinancial people out there who don’t know the exact meaning of it. If we define depreciation in simple words, it’s the decrease in cost of an item, product, machinery or any other business asset because of its usage or unfavorable market conditions. When we buy a something like a vehicle […]
- Car Loan Calculator Template We buy a lot in our daily lives as we need grocery and household items on regular basis. Most of these purchasing decisions are quick and immediate and we decide to buy an item as we see it in advertisement but I wish all the shopping decision were so easy. There is some other shopping which we can call high profile shopping and when you want to buy such an important item, you can’t […]