Body mass index is a number obtained from a person’s weight and height to check if he has perfect body or overweight or underweight. BMI is a common used process to locate the extra fats in one’s body and to categories persons into weight categories to save them from diseases caused of overweight. BMI is an easy and general way to find out if you have fats in your body or if you need a diet plan to lose your extra weight. We obtain BMI by knowing our actual weight and height into a simple formula and the then we compare the result with a chart to see what category we fall into i.e. underweight, normal weight, overweight or obesity. BMI calculator is a standard process by which we find out the fat ratio in our body. In simple words, the BMI calculator tells us if we have a healthy body or we need to lose some weight. This calculator is equally effective for both men and women and teenagers to adults. This is the easiest way to find out about your body’s situation to prevent any diseases caused by overweight like heart problem, diabetes or various types of cancers.
This calculator is the most common way to find out the truths about your body without a professional instructor or gym professional. As the result comes in percentage, you can also compare it with one of your friends to see who is healthier. This calculator has became a part of a life for so many people as it’s free of cost and very easy to use and understand. You just need to put your weight and height into the calculator and then compare the results to a chart given bellow to see in which category you fall.
- Underweight: BMI is less than 18.5
- Normal weight: BMI is 18.5 to 24.9
- Overweight: BMI is 25.0 to 29.9
- Obesity: BMI is 30 or more than 30
The main advantage of a BMI calculator is that it doesn’t need you to attend special classes or do a short course before you can read or operate the calculator. The result is so clear and uncomplicated that even a 12 year old can operate and tell the results. You just have to enter two values into the calculator and then compare the result with a chart to see your actual body type. The world has accepted this technique and now people are using it regularly in their lives because it’s equally effective for men, women and even, children. With the help of this calculator you can track the extra pounds you have to loose and also you can control your diet by eating less calorie foods.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator created using MS Excel,
Uses of body mass calculator in our daily lives:
- Individuals use this calculator to locate the extra pounds in their bodies so that they have the exact idea about how much weight they need to lose.
- Fat persons or those who think they are fat, use this calculator to see if they are really over weight or it’s just an assumption.
- Doctors use this calculator in hospitals to prepare accurate calorie meals for the admitted patients.
- Nutritionists, who are professional to plan a diet for an individual, use this calculator to create a diet plan for their customers.
- Nursery schools use this calculator for the children to see if they are taking a proper meal or getting fat by the extra fats or calories.
Here is download link for above mentioned Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator,
Related Excel Templates
- Body Fat Calculator Template The amount of energy in the food we take decides whether we put on more weight or lose some pounds. If we eat more than the need of our body, the extra energy or excessive calories are stored in our body in form of fats. To live a healthy life and maintains a perfect body, we should always take just the right amount of calories that our body needs or in case of excessive amount of […]
- Ideal Weight Calculator Template Human life has been getting very complicated with the advent of time. The early humans had a very healthy and full of activity life, which kept them strong, healthy and free from various diseases which the mankind faces in the present day world. Due to the inventions the life has been facilitated to a greater extent, but also has caused a setback to human race; i.e. much lesser […]
- Calorie Burned Calculator Template We hear people talking about the calories of a food and generally when two or women get together, they discuss how much calories each have burned and what they are eating to get lesser calories. What is a calorie and how does it affect a human’s life? A calorie is a unit of energy when we talk about human body and when we say that this food contains 50 calories; it refers to the amount […]
- Calorie Intake Calculator Template It’s not possible for someone to know everything and every little detail about something so that means he always finds out something new and learns it for the first time in his life. What is your reaction when you are sitting with your friends and suddenly someone starts a discussion on calories and you are like what the heck is a calorie? Calorie is a unit to measure the energy […]
- Food Calorie Calculator Template If you are asked to buy an electronic appliance or any household item like a television or radio, would you like to buy it without checking its quality or will you purchase a vehicle without test driving it? your answer would be definitely no because when you are buying stuff, you are actually paying for it and it’s your right to check for the quality and see if it fulfills your needs […]
- Metric Conversion Calculator Template The metric system first started from France in 1799 after which the French revolution took place and soon this system was adopted by many countries although they were previously using some other measuring systems. There are many other systems too but the metric system is implemented in most of the counties and cultures because of its ease and less complications. This is the reason that […]
- Amortization Schedule Calculator Template Amortization is a process of paying a debt from loan or mortgage over a pre-defined period of time into smaller installments. The amount you get from a loan or house mortgage has to be paid back with additional amount of interest on the loan. People don’t have enough money to buy a house or a vehicle all the time so they get financial help from a bank or Loan company who gives them the […]
- Monthly Menu Planner Template Menu planning is literally very important that provides you good chance to include healthy meal options to your day to day diet. Menu planning must be very effective and results oriented and you can make it effective following basics and fundamentals of its preparation. Menu planner is prepared according to different time periods and duration i.e. daily menu planner, weekly menu […]
- Fitness Schedule Template Whether you are a fitness freak or a trainer, you will need to write a fitness schedule. As a trainer for the person whom you are training and if you are exercising yourself, for yourself. Before you pick up a pen and paper and dash out exercises and timings randomly, take a moment to think things through.
The first thing you should ask yourself is why do you want to work out? Is it […]
- House Affordability Calculator Template If I am allowed to talk about myself, I would like to share my biggest wish in life which is, to build a house of my own. Nobody wants to or likes to live in a rented house but its not possible for most of us to have our own house before you hit forty. What if you are saving money for 20 years to buy a house for you and your family and when you buy a house, you find out that you can’t […]