Ok so you have enrolled and met your course advisor. You now have to decide which classes you want to take. Take a look at the list and you may feel confused. How would you decide which classes to take? Your decision is basically taken in 8 steps.
It is advisable to prepare a bit before you register for the classes you choose. Once you have decided which classes you want to enlist in, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is your priority?
- For what do you need to block time?
- Do you want to take any class which is offered this semester only?
- Do you need time for lab work or seminars?
- How much travel time do you need?
- What about your other commitments?
Here is preview of a Free Course Schedule Template created using MS Excel,
Once you have your priority list, you are ready to build your schedule. It is better start this process at least a week before your enrollment.
- Take your priority list first and block time for classes which are necessary.
- Keep the list of courses offered handy to refer to if needed.
- Note down everything on paper or in a word file.
- Block out time for travel and other personal activities.
- Don’t forget to mark out time for rest and relaxation.
- Set aside time for home assignments and extra work.
- Find out which courses are available and which ones have a wait list.
- Then go down the list of courses you have chosen and fit them in as you go.
- Resolve conflicts as they arise, by adding or dropping classes as you go.
Some other things to keep in mind are:
- Have your schedule ready well in advance so that you can register as soon as enrolment begins.
- Keep some time between classes for snack or coffee.
- Do not depend too much on the wait list. Register for what is available even if it is second best.
- Keep checking back on your wait list and chuck classes that you don’t want anymore.
- Register and pay on time so that you are sure to get in.
Use Work Sheets
Make use of work sheets to make sure you reach everywhere on time.
Make a weekly planner ever Sunday or holiday to remind yourself of your commitments for the coming week. Print it out and carry it with you.
Make a list of classes that you plan to take for the next semester or two and carry it with you when you go for your enrollment.
If you plan your course well, you will not waste time on planning while you are studying. You can concentrate on your work and have a stress free semester.
Here is download link for this Course Schedule Template,
Related Excel Templates
- Maintenance Schedule Template As far as building maintenance goes, a good way to keep track of when and what work is required to be done is to prepare a schedule of tasks with tentative dates and other details included. Looking at this schedule or even pinning it up in your office will serve as a reminder of what needs to be done and you can prepare days or weeks in advance. You can also keep everyone involved, […]
- Production Schedule Template Production schedule is not limited to a specific type of business because almost all types of businesses require production schedule. It is commonly considered that only film industry requires production schedule to manage different films but industrialized and other firms equally require this schedule to determine the available products and required numbers. Hospitals also use […]
- Wedding Day Schedule Template How many of you think that there will be something more important other than your wedding day? If I am not wrong, each one of you thinks in the same way that the wedding is the most amazing thing that can happen in someone’s life. That’s why wedding day is so important for bride, groom and their families. Females, who are more attached to the wedding and its events, use to plan their […]
- Badminton Tournament Schedule Template Making attracts is a tough and tiresome procedure, which demands each manpower and time. Do not believe you will lay everything out and be carried out with it in an hour or so. Of program, the dimensions of your tournament will dictate just how long it'll consider producing the brackets. Just keep in mind to double-check everything, purchase up some pizza, and be ready to perform some […]
- Tennis Tournament Schedule Template In every era, people have involved themselves in sports in order to drain their stress and tensions in a constructive way. Some people like to involve physically in these sports and some are obsessed with the tournaments, and events which held on regular bases.
Among all these sports, tennis is one which is strenuous physically but very simple rules are connected to it so anyone can […]
- TV Programs Schedule Template Print media is an old story of communication world, and number of readers has also enormously decreased with the passage of time, as the technology started to take place of the classical writings and reading trends. With the advent of radio technology, the newspapers were given a set back and the next blow was given when the pictures along with the voice were telecasted for the first […]
- Fitness Schedule Template Whether you are a fitness freak or a trainer, you will need to write a fitness schedule. As a trainer for the person whom you are training and if you are exercising yourself, for yourself. Before you pick up a pen and paper and dash out exercises and timings randomly, take a moment to think things through.
The first thing you should ask yourself is why do you want to work out? Is it […]
- Net Worth Statement Template Knowing about your current financial worth is primary step towards financial planning process. Net worth statement is considered crucial in process of financial planning. Net worth statement is an accounting of all assets minus all of company’s liabilities. Financial statement is very advantageous tool that helps you determine your current financial state. It also helps you tracking in […]
- General Ledger Template If you have an account in any bank, you may be familiar with the term “ledger”. But if you are not familiar with this term, by reading this article you will be able to get enough knowledge about this term. What is a ledger and how it can be used are such questions that will be answered in remaining section of this article. So let’s start from what is a ledger?
Ledger is a principle […]
- Financial Statement Template A financial statement is a business document that is prepared by the accountants and it indicates the key assets which the business owner owes. It is an important document that is created by a firm indicating the complete financial status of the organization transparently without any ambiguity. It is important because all the key investors which are interested to have shares or […]