Money is a very serious issue for businesses and most of the time, almost all the problems have the root cause of money at some point. Therefore just to make sure that there are no confusions or misunderstandings from any side, when banks receive installments or payments against a loan they issued to a company or individual, they sign a document that states they have received the payment on time along with the name of the client and the date on which the payment was made. This document is known as the Loan Payment Receipt and usually it’s given to the client who made the payment. Banks and credit companies also make copies of the receipt and keep it for their own record but it’s usually not necessary most of the time and only one copy that is issued to the client is enough.
Here are freely available Loan Receipt Format and Templates read to download.
Here is download link for this Loan Payment Receipt Template,
Download Loan Payment Receipt.
Here is another simple yet effective Loan Payment Receipt created using MS Excel.
Here is download link for this Loan Payment Excel Receipt.
Download Loan Payment Receipt.
Note: If you would like to explore more options then we strongly recommend you to view these 7 Free Receipt Templates.
Key Guidelines to draft Loan Payment Receipt Format:
- Before preparing the receipt, understand the need for it. You are making it so you have the proof that you have made the payment for your loan and the lender or debtor has received it on time. With this in mind, you should include the basic and necessary elements in the receipt.
- For organizations and companies that receive and make payments on daily basis, there are many software programs available and these programs can be used for computer generated receipts. For individuals, a simple note can also be enough i.e. if you borrowed some money from your friend or cousin but for a professional company, it’s not enough. Choose the format of the receipt very carefully and make sure all the required elements are included in it.
- The most important part of the receipt is the name of the receiver and sender of the money. While writing the receipt, start with putting the name of the person who is making the payment and his contact information along with the name of the person who is receiving the money and his contact info as well.
- Second most important part of the Loan Payment Receipt is the date on which the borrower is making the payment. The date is very important because most of the time, disputes arise because the debtor claims that the creditor didn’t make the payment on time or he was late on an installment so include the date very carefully.
- Among all the elements, money is also a very crucial element to include in the receipt. This includes the details of the debt taken from the debtor i.e. the amount of loan that the borrower took and the amount of installment or payment that he is currently making. This amount should be written on the receipt in both numbers and words so there is no mistake or error.
- At the end, the receipt should be signed by the receiver of the money and this should be kept by the borrower as a proof that he has made the payment on time. If necessary, you can also create two copies of the same receipt and by putting signs of both parties, you can give one to each of them.
Related Excel Templates
- Financial Statement Template A financial statement is a business document that is prepared by the accountants and it indicates the key assets which the business owner owes. It is an important document that is created by a firm indicating the complete financial status of the organization transparently without any ambiguity. It is important because all the key investors which are interested to have shares or […]
- Amortization Schedule Calculator Template Amortization is a process of paying a debt from loan or mortgage over a pre-defined period of time into smaller installments. The amount you get from a loan or house mortgage has to be paid back with additional amount of interest on the loan. People don’t have enough money to buy a house or a vehicle all the time so they get financial help from a bank or Loan company who gives them the […]
- General Ledger Template If you have an account in any bank, you may be familiar with the term “ledger”. But if you are not familiar with this term, by reading this article you will be able to get enough knowledge about this term. What is a ledger and how it can be used are such questions that will be answered in remaining section of this article. So let’s start from what is a ledger?
Ledger is a principle […]
- Net Worth Statement Template Knowing about your current financial worth is primary step towards financial planning process. Net worth statement is considered crucial in process of financial planning. Net worth statement is an accounting of all assets minus all of company’s liabilities. Financial statement is very advantageous tool that helps you determine your current financial state. It also helps you tracking in […]
- Mortgage Refinancing Statement When you should consider mortgage refinancing? This is such a question that should be very clear to you to take right decision about mortgage financing. What do you think about mortgage refinancing? There might be a time when you will have mortgage refinancing opportunity. It is suitable when interest rates are lowered. It means that you will have to pay less on your monthly mortgage […]
- Extra Payment Calculator Template Those of you, who bought a house or a vehicle on a mortgage or loan, know this term “Extra payment” very well and those who don’t know what the heck is an extra payment, here’s some explanation. When you get a mortgage, you agree to pay it back to the bank or loan firm in installments monthly or annually. With an additional amount in form of interest rate, you pay off the principal […]
- Mortgage Payment Calculator Mortgage is a term referring to a type of loan, offered by banks and other financial institutions to help tackle your financial requirements regarding the construction or acquiring of a home. In such loan, the property itself is the guarantee and the institution has all rights reserved to take over in case you fail to pay back the loan.
Mortgage handling is not an easy job for a […]
- Monthly Sales Seasonality Template Aside from the scale of business, the nature of business lends itself to seasonality. Seasonality is a major element that can directly affect sales of the business or company. No matter what a company or business is selling, there are going to be busier periods during the particular period of time than others, so efficient planning for those moments is vital to promote profitability […]
- Business Closing Sheet Template The companies around the world are rethinking the way they progress, and for some businesses it is better to discontinue if the things are not going well or another business demand’s more attention .Another reason for this discontinuation is that the business could be sold on a good profit margin. In such cases selling your business is the best strategy. Look for a buyer that can give […]
- Moving Average Forecast Template As you might guess we are looking at some of the most Fundamental approaches to forecasting. But hopefully these are at least a feasible introduction to some of the computing issues related to executing forecasts in spreadsheets. A moving average is a procedure to get an overall idea of the trends in a data set. It is a subset of an average numbers. The moving average forecast is […]