Job sheet is an important part of any successful business therefore it is necessary to create. It is also known as job cost sheet and categorized as an accounting document because it will help you to calculate the costs of a particular project and orders. Job sheet will help you to have an estimate of your customers and upcoming expenses therefore you can also consider as a scorecard. It will help you to estimate either your business is making profit or going into loss. It can be critical to calculate the job cost therefore companies use different software to get accurate results. There are different elements that are necessary to access the job cost sheet. The accuracy of the final values can be calculated on the basis of all these factors and elements. Labor is most prominent factor and it is important to determine the labor to calculate working hours of all workers by name.
Here is preview of this Job Sheet Template crated using MS Excel 2007,
Importance of Job Sheet
Job sheet is necessary to design in order to manage the accuracy of your work. Following are some points that will help you to understand the importance of job sheet:
- Job sheet will help you to stay on the top of your jobs and let you to coordinate what is happening at the job site with central office. It is necessary to design in the manufacturing environment to manage too many orders and supplies.
- Properly designed job sheet will help you to see the problems in advance before happening. It will help you to evaluate historical data to estimate your jobs in better way.
- Any kind of manufacturing work involves incurred costs and these costs should be part of the estimate and agreed upon before starting work. You have to provide an accurate assessment cost to the customers. It is necessary because any outset can impasse the vendor to left paying unexpected expenses.
- Job cost sheet should feature material, labor and different expenses that can be further subdivided into direct expenses. Make sure to include all these elements in your job cost sheet.
- Direct material is another important part that should be included in the job sheet to complete a job. Direct materials can be different for different nature of jobs such as in the construction work the direct material includes lumber, nails and wood sealant. In bakery work, the direct material will be sugar, flour, eggs and butter.
- Job cost sheet will help you to calculate direct labor such as person-hours required to complete a job. This will usually include general labor, general contractor labor and other works such as plumbing. Direct labor is money that will be spent on the laborers.
- Direct expenses are required for the completion of job such as if you are responsible to exhume the swimming pool then you will require renting or operating a backhoe to dig the hole. For the revamping of landscape, you can rent a stump remover.
- Indirect expenses usually include different items such as taxes, building permits and any municipal fees associated with a project.
- This sheet will help you to create a complete cost sheet for the field use and this will prove really helpful to manage your project in better way.
Here is download link for this Job Sheet Template,
Related Excel Templates
- Cleaning Sheet Template A cleaning sign off sheet is frequently prepared in large organizations like hospitals or big factories where large equipments are installed and it’s necessary to clean those machines on regular basis. It’s also applicable when it comes to offices which have more than one department and it’s very important to clean each floor with maximum supervision. The actual aim of a cleaning sign […]
- Home Inventory Sheet Template Home inventory sheet is an important document as it will help you to identify and report all items that are destroyed by fire or burglarized. In the absence of home inventory sheet you will not be able to replace these items. It will help you to file insurance claim against each destroyed product of your house. Insurance companies often advice their customers to design a home inventory […]
- Help Desk Flow Data Sheet Template Help desk flow data sheet proves really useful in the designing and documentation of complex processes and programs. It makes your work easy by visualizing everything and increasing your understanding level. Data flow diagram is most important part of the organization to keep everything in organized manger. This is a better way to perform all important tasks as you can easily control […]
- Wedding Planning Worksheet Template Planning for your wedding can sometimes be a very tiresome and mind boggling event. You can always easily lose track of the entire budget that you’re spending when planning for a wedding event. Because that is the time when you’re cash is flowing out and you have to keep track of every single detail. It is not very easy to remember everything without properly writing it down somewhere. […]
- Cost of Goods Sold Sheet Template Cost of goods sold is amount paid by Merchandising Corporation for the merchandise sold during an agreed period of time. It is prepared on monthly basis on the completion of accounting cycle to calculate cost of goods sold and gross profit of the company. This is the price at which the goods were purchased and direct cost associated by bringing them to the sales room and completing the […]
- Price List Template Preparing the price list is one of the important tasks in creating demand of your product in the market as well as among masses. It is the most critical point in every business. The retailer has to keep the price list precise and comparative to make it attractive for the customers. It looked as simple phenomena but need a deep insight while making price list. Everyone is searching for […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also known as statement of loss and expense is one of the major financial statements necessary to prepare for business organizations. This statement encompasses revenue, expenses and net results derived at the end of a given period like at the end of month or fiscal quarter. It will help you to take important decisions for the benefits of organization. It serves as […]
- Restaurant Reservation Log Template For a restaurant the most important thing is to bring customers to their door steps. For this a restaurant should have a very impressive seating arrangement and reservation system. No doubt that the first impression lasts long. Reservation is actually keeping something reserved for a particular person or a party. Reservation system is very important now a days as some parties reserve […]
- Expense Tracking Template Expense tracker is used to monitor expenses of projects for the smooth flow of all activities. This will help you to identify requirements of purchases, total costs required to have important items for the project and right time for the delivery of items. Expense tracker helps you to prepare report of whole project to get reliable measurements. This will help you to avoid different […]
- Balance Sheet Template Balance sheet is a vital part of financial statements of all organizations because without it you cannot effectively manage accounts of your organization. It helps you a lot to analyze the financial position of your organizations in the market and you can effectively measure the growth or decline rate of your organization. Balance sheet is designed to evaluate the assets and […]